Monday, February 16, 2009

Luke the Builder

I wanted to take a moment to brag on my WONDERFULLY TALENTED husband...

Among his many talents Luke is a builder. Yes, he builds commercially by trade but he also builds furniture as a hobby. Recently he built some friends a bookcase. It turned out BEAUTIFUL. If you read this blog regularly you remember this picture shoot. I wanted to share the final product with you. These pictures were taken in our dark garage so it is hard to see the full beauty. You will have to take my word.

It is hard to see but the piece was painted brown and then Luke and Daniel (the owner) glazed it with a ragging technique. It had a burled wood look when it was complete.
I have a long list of items for Luke to build us and I can't wait to share them with you.

No comments: