Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Miller is Nine Month's Old











This month has been full of changes. We began the month by introducing some dairy products. He is now eating cream cheese, cheddar cheese, and yogurt. We also introduced chicken and turkey. Miller also weaned himself. This has been hard on me, but he still lets me nurse him first thing in the morning and I give him bottles the rest of the day. He takes the bottle OK...but I never know how much he will eat. Some days he only gets a couple of ounces and others he will drink 8-10 ounces. He eats really good from the spoon so this helps me feel like he is getting all the nutrition he needs. He gets one Yo Baby yogurt first thing after I nurse him. Then, around Lunch after a bottle he gets a serving of ground chicken or turkey mixed with cream cheese and cheddar cheese along with a serving of fruit. Late afternoon he will get another bottle and around dinner time he gets another serving of chicken and a veggie. We try to limit the snacking but he will eat some Cheerios and Ritz crackers with juice in between meals.

Last night I made a wonderful chicken pot pie and decided to let Miller try to feed himself while I ate. I chopped the filling up very small and he actually fed himself pretty well. After I ate I pureed some with my Magic Bullet (It is great for making homemade baby food) and fed him so I would know he got enough. He loved it. I plan to start feeding him more and more table foods. It sure is easier to only prepare one meal.



Miller has FOUR teeth. He is very proud of them and loves to chew on EVERYTHING!!



Miller is STILL not crawling. His "crawl" is more like a military manovier and he is getting quicker every day. He just might be one of those babies who skips crawling and goes straight to walking. He is really getting good at pulling himself up and standing with no assistance. He LOVES to stand!! He getts really gitty when he is standing and can even walk a little while holding onto something.

It is bitter sweet to move from one fase of babyhood to the next but I am enjoying each fase better then the last. He is SO alert and dosen't want to miss anything.


Our paster has started a sermon series on Parenthood. This past Sunday he could not stress enough the fact that our children are on Loan from God and we should raise them up as so. Luke and I feel so blessed that the LORD has Loaned us such a precious son and we are striving to raise him as such.



2 comments:

brook said...

Miller is so cute. I wish they didn't grow up so fast!

Josh and Kristin said...

Oh Luke and Jessalee, I LOVE the slideshow of his over the months! He has grown! I love how you guys did this! You guys do such a great job with him!!!! Happy ( month birthday Miller!